Thursday 18 February 2010

fpf?+27: I think what's missing in my life is a leather jacket with a flame insignia on the back

(written 18 February 2010)

Well ah Wednesday – yea I was arrested HO HO HO!
Thursday – all locked up in jail HO HO HO!
Neck click – neck click – OK: Now I’m warmed up.

This morning we saw David Spurrett at the Varsity pool – we’d just come off the squash court after 12 straight 10-8 games of blood sweat and tears, and David had just finished 50 lengths of butterfly with a lead belt handicap - and we took a load off and shot the breeze while the babes by the pool toweled themselves off and there’s a guy using a leaf-blower to make shipping-container-fulls of noise and consequently to blow the leaves at the poolside to a different part of the poolside and a stray bit of micht gets blown into David’s mouth as he’s breathing in which is well you can’t really fault him for it and he spends the next 5 minutes hagghing trying to get a ragged, leaf-blower-blow piece of shit out of his oesophagus and I ask myself: Have we really fallen this far?
Dear god. Has 15 billion light years of expansion, slowly aching gravity and massive, galaxy melting diversification really come down to this? And of course this reminded me of the time when Darren & I went out to Southgate Mall on Edwin Swales drive to meet a dude in the parking lot who had a vaguely contraband replacement thumb-button part for a PSP and we landed up sitting in the car unwrapping a little piece of plastic packet and oohing over the part in a really altogether very dodgy way – but I can’t remember why…
Where was I? Oh yes:
Don’ Don’ Don’ Don’t / Don’t you / Forget about me
As you walk on by / Will you call my name / As you walk on by / Will you call my name
Or will you walk away?

In my struggle to find a poem to write about, I realised that a simple set of instructions on how to get to Mrs Govander’s Curry Kitchen will do the job. I mean whaddaya want? A poem about an overgrown garden or about the wings of love or about fucking sunscreen? What good will that do you?

-----------------------------------------------

Door, stairs; stairs, stairs
Door; car; gate; right
Lights, left; lights, right
On-ramp, straight; lights, straight
Lights, straight; under the bridge
T, right; straight; straight
Straight, straight, straight, straight
Lights, left; lights, straight
Traffic island; right, park.
“1 bean; one mutton. And a packet of chips and a Creme Soda please.”

------------------------------------------------

I miss Saturday detentions,

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment